Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm an AMB Ovation Awards Finalist!




I've just learned I'm a finalist for the The AMB Ovation Awards for Outstanding Author in GLBT Literature for A Casual Weekend Thing! Not even in the Debut Author category, which my fragile ego is taking to mean I'm now counted among writers who do this kind of thing professionally! The award strives to recognize "published romance authors who addressed a challenge, problem, or issue facing AA/IR/Multicultural couples today in their romance novels."


This is the first I've heard of the award and I am thrilled by the nomination!

The notice also shed a bit of light in an otherwise stressful transition in my life. I've spent the last few weeks living in a hotel, awaiting a housing assignment at my dear husband's new duty station. Entertaining three little kids in a hotel kitchenette isn't as easy as one might think, even when there's cable TV, because the novelty of living in a hotel loses its appeal really fast. One of the many joys of this transition is that this particular military base hotel has spotty wi-fi, and even spottier cellular coverage. The standing-on-the-dresser acrobatics needed for 3G access were fun, but the last thing my kids needed was to come to the conclusion that climbing the furniture is a good way to pass the time.

So, needless to say, I've been out of touch. Getting my computer unpacked and having regular internet access again was a relief, and finding such awesome news in all of the unread email I still have to sort through made my day.

I wanted to share the news and extend my thanks to everybody who's taken a chance on A Casual Weekend Thing!

And for those cynical friends who know me offline.... I swear, the name of the award is just a neat coincidence. Angie is an awesome, beautiful, and under-appreciated, name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Rant About Fanfiction

 Confession time! I like fanfiction. I read it, I wrote it, I still get lost in it. I’ve talked to a lot of folks who read and enjoy fanfict...